Which Is the Best Whole House Humidifier among the Reviewed List?
During winter, the needs to run a humidifier is something you can do without as dry air becomes pronounced and dry air can triggers different health issues such as difficult breath, dry sinuses, dry skin and others. For these reasons, many opt for humidifier purchase which can help them restore humidity into their atmosphere.
However, there are two basic categories of humidifiers; the portable (tabletop) humidifiers and the whole house humidifiers. Portable ones are efficient for single room humidification and the whole house types are better for humidifying an entire house. For those who are in need of a whole house humidifier, we have rounded up our list to choosing the best whole house humidifiers and reviews for you to consider in selecting the best unit.
Best Whole House Humidifier Review & Guide
1. AIRCARE MA1201 Whole-House Console-Style Evaporative Humidifier
The AIRCARE MA1201 is an evaporative humidifier designed to humidify home coverage of up to 3,600 square feet. It is also a console unit that is it can be transported from one room to another to meet your humidity needs. This unit features an automatic humidity control features which automatically regulate indoor humidity level to ensure comfort.
With it auto shot off option, you never have to bother about water drying out as it will turn of whenever there is water shortage. The 4 fan speed settings designed in this unit allows you set determine the rate at which you want the moisture to be delivered and with its 6 gallon tank capacity, the evaporative console humidifier will run up to 36 hours while dispersing moist air.
2. Honeywell HCM-6009 Cool Moisture Console Humidifier
This unit is designed to deliver cool mist and this feature makes it good for parents with babies as cool mist humidifiers are consider best humidifiers for babies.
The console unit features a dual tank which when filled with water will last you up to 24 hours providing soothing cool moisture air. The lightweight design comes also features multiple output humidity option that let you choose and adjust prefer humidity level accordingly.
One unique feature of this unit is the quiet care technology feature that makes the Honeywell cool mist run without producing much noise that will have effect on your sleep. Another great advantage, it does consume less electricity which is as low as that of 80 bulbs watts.
3. Bionaire Ultrasonic Filter-Free Tower Humidifier, BUL7933CT
This is filterless humidifiers for as many that are looking for such features can rely on this ultrasonic unit. Remember filter-less humidifiers eliminate the cost of replacing filters on regular basis which you will enjoy when you purchase the bionare humidifier. The unit is ideal for medium or large rooms even though are a console unit.
This humidifier feature digital humidity level control and also, an empty tank indicator that alerts you when water level has dropped.
One remarkable feature is the health safety antimicrobial protection engineered in this unit water tank to help prevents growth of bacteria and mold. The LCD display, lets view your settings and current home humidity level and also, its 1.5 gallon capcity will last you up to 48 hours of run time.
4. Essick Air Whole House Evaporative Humidifier Review
The essick air is designed to help add humidity to home measuring up to 2,500 square feet. It features 9 speed settings from which you can select your prefer speed according the rate at which you want the humidity. This unit with its 9 gallon water reservoir capacity will last up 24 hrs.
It features a super high wick which handles impurities and other airborne allergies. The essick air whole house humidifier requires low maintenance and also reduced energy.
5. Honeywell HE360A Whole House Powered Humidifier
Honeywell HE360A when compared with another furnace humidifier, it’s very easy to set up with just simple DIY steps. This unit can be mounted on return air duct of any forced air furnace or on warm air supply.
Honeywell can be installed without the help of a technician. Installing it is very easy because the manufacture includes the installation kit that usually sold separately. And because this model can be mounted on the supply side of your duck work, all the moist air distributed will go into your house, not returning back into the humidifier.
Features at a glance
- A flow through system with no water tank.
- Do it yourself installation with installation kit.
- Power efficient and an inexpensive.
- It is very easy to change filters
- Do it yourself installation for people with little tech-know how
- Quiet working of your system mean you don’t have to worry about noise pollution.
- Some customers in their reviews reported they have trouble the humidifier electrical part that required replacement.
6. Aprilaire 700 Automatic Humidifier
Aprilaire is one of the most popular brands when it comes to whole house humidifier manufacturing and this 700 model is among the bestselling humidifier from this brand.
This unit is recommended by most doctors and humidifier technicians and should be installed in house of about 4200 square-feet.
The unique whole house appliance has a digital moisture sensor that helps to measures the current indoor humidity level and automatically regulates it for comfort needs. With 0.75 gallon tank, the humidifier can release up to fifty liters of water per hour. Check out the features below.
- Automatic humidity settings.
- High evaporation rate of 0.75 gallons of water in an hour.
- Filters change light indicator that blink when filters is due for change.
- Little or no noise production when it’s running.
- Digital controls system automatically determines humidity level in your home without disturbing yourself whether the level of humidity is too low or high.
- Humidifies home of up to 4200 sq ft.
- Only annual maintenance required.
- Due to its size it may not be ideal for home with small space.
- Do it yourself installation is tricky unless you know a bit of HVAC installations.
7. BONECO/Air-O-Swiss Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
If you are looking for both warm and cool mist humidifier. You can rely on the BONECO Warm or Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier to help you do the job. The dual mist is ideal for both home and office use.
BONECO digital ultrasonic humidifier utilizes high force vibrations to produce fine mist which when released into the air immediately evaporates. When you select the pre-heating function, warm mist will exits the BONECO ultrasonic at a pleasant 104 degree Fahrenheit. The Intelligent Temperature Compensation (ITC) technology checks the temperature level and automatically corrects the output whenever there is change in conditions.
You can also manually set the humidity level any time by the means of the variable control features of the Ultrasonic Warm or Cool Mist. With this indoor humidity adding machine fear of water tank getting empty is no problem because an empty water tank indicator will remind you. The Warm and Cool Mist double nozzle jet offers two directions of moisture dispersion. This feature also let you direct the moist air in the direction you may want.
- A 3 gallon tank of water.
- 600 square feet.
- Optional warm or cool mist.
- Auto Mode for fully automated operation
- Whisper-quiet in operation.
- Digital display.
- Programmable hygrostat.
Having this machine in your home will be a great plus to your household. It’s reliable and easy to use. It comes with a de-materialized cartridge which prevents mineral deposits plus a Hydro Cell that ensures freshness remains in your humidifying system.
8. Aprilaire 400 Humidifier Bypass
The Aprilaire 400 humidifier is one of the best rated if you are in need of a whole house humidifier that can cover up to 4000 square feet, this Aprilaire 400 humidifier is one of the best options to examine critically for your house.
Typically design for entire home coverage, which only requires few step installations. Installation usually done by a technician but if you are up to the task then you can save the cost of hiring a technician service. Once installed worry no more as it automatically run smoothly.
This Aprilaire 400 comes with in-built humidistat that helps measure the level of humidity in your room. If the result is too low, the 400 humidifier will use up to 0.7 water gallon dispersing moist air in an hour until optimum humid level is attained. The only thing to do is to keep proper maintenance by inspecting the humidifier on schedule basis and parts replacement if at all any is found.
Features at a glance
- Automatically keeps room air at an optimum humid level.
- Transfer up to 0.7 gallons of water into moist air per hour.
- Uses water panel which required replacement annually.
- Relatively low water usage.
- Built with green LED light that indicates when there is shortage of water.
- Digital humidistat regulates home humid level as the outdoor atmosphere changes.
- Installation needs a humidifier expert.
- One of customer’s said her own Honeywell thermostat does not have a W terminal.
The Aprilaire 700 Automatic Humidifier is the best whole house humidifier on our review list, you can consider it for your home humidifying need.